The goal of the Public Information Office is to Inform the public of government and community issues in an efficient, productive and aesthetically pleasing way.
- Act as a liaison between the parish president and the media.
- Distribute press releases.
- Attend all functions of parish president, including council meetings, documenting with photographs / film / writing.
- Maintain parish Web site.
- Update / maintain all aspects of Channel 6 (Cox Cable’s Government Access Channel).
- Update / maintain Bridge Park electronic signage.
- Work with Emergency Operations Center on all emergency information releases.
- Aid personnel in administrative offices in speeches, press releases, communications, etc.
Important information on construction of the Willowridge Phase of the WB hurricane protection levee, plus the action plan on FEMA / NFIP were discussed at two recent events.
Greater New Orleans Inc. announced an action plan to propose solutions to problems produced by recent changes to the NFIP and FEMA preliminary flood maps.
Parkway Pipeline LLC made a $100,000 contribution to St.Charles for repairs being made to the Bonnet Carre Spillway guide levee road Friday.
Busy weeks capped by town hall on Willowridge levee construction impacts.
The Sheriff's Office is currently investigating two burglaries in the Mimosa Park area. Residents are advised to be vigilant.
5/22/2013 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
5/25/2013 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
5/29/2013 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
5/30/2013 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
6/1/2013 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Last updated: 8/24/2011 2:38:34 PM