READ, WATCH THE LATEST PARISH PRESIDENT'S REPORT
Post Date:September 19, 2017 2:08 p.m.
In this report
- Registration is now open for The Healthy Kids Running Series (HKRS), a partner of the St. Charles Parish Department of Parks and Recreation, that is set to begin on Oct. 15 at the West Bank Bridge Park. Please visit our website at stcharlesparish-la.gov/recreation for more information.
- The Louisiana Workforce Commission will be holding a recruitment day from 3 to 6 p.m. on Sept. 21 at the Business and Career Solutions Center on Paul Maillard Road in Luling. The day is aimed at providing youth ages 18-24 with employment opportunities.
- I am excited to announce that substantial completion for the Willowridge Pump Station was made effective on Aug. 29. All three of pump’s impellers have been replaced and the pumps have been retested. The contractor has been working on the final punch list items and the Final Change Order and Final Acceptance of the project are being developed. A full update on the West Bank Hurricane Protection Levee is now up on our website at scpwestbanklevee.com.
- I want to take a moment and say that our thoughts are with all those who were affected by Hurricane IRMA and we wish them a speedy recovery.
- At this time I would like to present a special recognition to Rusty Champagne who is retiring after working 31 years in the Department of Waterworks. We appreciate your service and wish you a happy retirement.