READ, WATCH THE LATEST PARISH PRESIDENT'S REPORT
Post Date:August 30, 2017 10:47 a.m.
In this report
- Congressmen Garret Graves recently toured the West Bank Hurricane Protection Levee with us and expressed the importance of the project. Thank you to him and his staff for coming. The public information is working on video from the tour that will highlight the status of the phases under construction and the latest levee report is up at scpwestbanklevee.com
- The St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services has received additional funds for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Any client who received LIHEAP services or did not receive LIHEAP services in the last six (6) months is eligible. Find more here
- The St. Charles Parish Animal Shelter at 921 Rue La Cannes in Luling will be closed Sept. 9 for floor maintenance. For more information call (985) 783- 5010.
- Tomorrow and Wednesday Tropical Storm Harvey’s outer bands will be closer to us and this will be our greatest chance for heaviest rain and severe weather. Please help the parish by clearing drains and ditches around your homes and stay tuned to weather reports.
- I want to take a moment and say that our thoughts are with all those who were affected by Hurricane Harvey and we wish them a speedy recovery.