PARISH COUNCIL MEETING PREVIEW FOR AUG. 14, 2017
The St. Charles Parish Council will hold a regular meeting beginning at 6 p.m. Aug. 14, 2017 in the Council Chambers, located on the second floor of the courthouse, 15045 River Road in Hahnville. The meeting may also be viewed live on SCP-TV.
The entire agenda may be viewed here.
Items on the agenda for public hearing include but are not limited to:
- An ordinance to amend Appendix A St. Charles Parish Zoning Ordinance of 1981, Section X. Exceptions and modifications., to amend E. Outdoor Donation Bins and Collection Receptacles.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Contract by and between the Parish of St. Charles and Debris Tech, LLC for Storm Debris Monitoring 2017, Parish Project No. P170302.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Federally Funded Agreement with the State of Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program for funding in the amount of $93,750.00 to install a permanent generator at the East Bank Regional Library in Destrehan.
- An ordinance adopting, setting forth, levying and imposing taxes on all property subject to taxation in the Parish of St. Charles, State of Louisiana, as required by Section 23 of Article VII of the Constitution of Louisiana and Revised Statute 47.1705(B) for General Parochial Purposes; constructing, acquiring, maintaining, operating, extending and/or improving levees, facilities and structures associated with outer flood protection systems within the Parish; constructing, maintaining, and operating the Parish Road Maintenance program, Parish Recreation program, Parish Fire Protection, Mosquito Control Program, E-911 Telephone System, Health Unit and Council on Aging program; Road Lighting District No. 1; Library Service District No. 1; the ARC of St. Charles; paying any costs associated with acquiring, constructing, improving, maintaining and operating wastewater facilities and systems in the Parish; and for the purpose of paying the principal and interest on outstanding General Obligation Sewer Bonds for the year 2017.
- An ordinance of the Parish of St. Charles, providing that the Code of Ordinances, Parish of St. Charles, be amended by revising Appendix A, the St. Charles Parish Zoning Ordinance of 1981, Section VI. Zoning district criteria and regulations., D., [I]. 1. c. Special Permit Uses in the M-1 Zoning District, by adding (10) to allow cemeteries as a Special Permit Use and shall require a supporting resolution of the Council.
- An ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of Change Order No. 1 (Final) for the construction of Federal Project No. 22-00929, Rathborne Park Development, Phase II, to decrease the contract amount by $2,078.04 and increase the contract time 40 days.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development for the Federal Off-System Bridge Rehabilitation and Replacement Program.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a lease with the East Side St. Charles Parish Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. for the use of property at 14522 River Road in New Sarpy.
- An ordinance to amend the 2017 Consolidated Operating and Capital Budget to add revenues totaling $28,126,737 and related expenses to Fund’s 123 - Flood Protection Fund for construction, architectural/engineering, and other fees totaling $17,607,485 unexpended in 2016 for levee projects.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Contract for Engineering Services with AIMS Group, Inc. for necessary professional engineering services associated with Parish Project No. S170701 Hahnville Wastewater Plant UV Upgrades.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Pontchartrain Levee District (PLD) for the LaBranche Salinity Control Structure Project to be funded by the Pontchartrain Levee District and St. Charles Parish.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of an Agreement with the State of Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and New Orleans Regional Planning Commission for the construction of US 61: RR Overpass-LA 50.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the Lafourche Basin Levee District to expropriate the necessary real estate interest to a portion of land designated as Parcel 19-7 for the Sunset Drainage District Levee in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, and to authorize the transfer of the necessary funding thereof.
In addition, the council will hear reports from the Tauzin Consultants. See meeting minutes at stcharles.legistar.com.