READ THE LATEST WEST BANK HURRICANE PROTECTION LEVEE UPDATE
Post Date:July 28, 2017 10:58 a.m.
- The Willowridge Levee Phase 1 earthen levee project is complete.
- Willowridge Pump Station: As of this Council Meeting, the pumps have been installed. Over the last several weeks, St. Charles Parish, Engineer and the Contractor have been working on final adjustments to the Pump Systems. Substantial Completion is pending for this project.
- Willowridge Phase III: Substantial completion of the project was granted on May 8, 2017. Contractor has been working on the final punch list items over the past several weeks. Based on the project’s schedule, the final completion of the project will be in August, 2017.
- Ellington Levee – Phase I Project: As of this Council Meeting the project is 578 days into the 730 calendar day project. The anticipated completion date is in December 2017. The Contractor has initially completed clearing and grubbing operations, inspection trench along the project length, Truck Wash-down Racks at Magnolia Ridge and Valencia Dr. entrances, timber matting over the existing gas pipe lines at the shell road off of Magnolia Ridge Road and at other two gas pipeline crossing locations, Valencia culvert and Magnolia Ridge culvert with sluice gate. Contractor is continuing to perform canal excavation, and placing embankment. In Area 5, the eastern portion of the project, the +7.5’ elevation levee embankment, access roadway and the Drainage Canal have been completed, and the Contractor is performing final seeding, fertilizing and mulching operations.
- The Ellington Levee – Phase 2: Project is nearing completion of final design. The Engineer has submitted 90% final plans and specifications to Public Works for review. The Ellington SFM has been completed, but the bid advertisement for the Ellington Levee - Phase 2 is awaiting completion of Ellington Levee Phase-I project.
- The 90% final design documents for the Ellington Pump Station have been submitted to the Parish for review. Received notification from DOTD Statewide Flood Control Program advices that this project will appear in the FY 2017/18 recommended construction program.
Magnolia Ridge Reach
- Magnolia Ridge Levee: Geotechnical Engineer has taken approx. 65 soil borings along the alignment of the existing levee to analyze for suitability to cap the existing levee and bring the low spots to elevation +7.5. The analysis is to verify if the existing levee meets the latest USACE levee criteria. Analysis is in progress and expected to complete by next month.
- Magnolia Ridge Pump Station: HMGP funding has been awarded to the project, and currently awaiting FEMA’s approval to go into construction.
- Parish has acquired 21 of 30 levee servitude parcels from 27 impacted landowners. One parcel has been reappraised and is in the process of being acquired concurrent with relocation of a mobile home. Three parcels are in the final stages of negotiations. One closing is pending completion of curative title work. Four parcels have been recommended for expropriation (two of the parcels contain title defects; two of the parcels are being expropriated for price.).