READ, WATCH THE LATEST PARISH PRESIDENT'S REPORT
Post Date:July 11, 2017 12:50 p.m.
In this report
- Thank you to all those organized worked and attended our 27 annual Independence Day Celebration. I hope you enjoyed the band and fireworks show.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)will host an emergency preparedness informational session for residents at the Edward A. Dufresne Community Center in Luling on July 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Read more
- Residents are invited to attend and listen to the parish’s plans in preparing for possible emergencies. The informational session will feature presentations by Parish President Larry Cochran, the Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, the Animal Control Office, the Public Information Office, the American Red Cross and Entergy. Light refreshments will be served.
- The session will mark the last public meeting of the parish’s ‘SCPStrong’ campaign to encourage hurricane preparedness in St. Charles Parish. The campaign consisted of seven public meetings and multiple presentations from the Department of Emergency Preparedness to community groups and committees using the hashtag #SCPStrong on social media. For more information on the July 19 meeting, contact RSVP at 985-783-8907. For more information on hurricane preparedness and to download a copy of St. Charles Parish's 'BE PREPARED' guide, visit www.stcharlesparish-la.gov/hurricane.
- The St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services will be hosting their annual Youth Rally on August 5 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Edward A. Dufresne Community Center in Luling. The event is set to include speakers and break-out sessions geared towards the importance of education, bullying, social media and conflict resolution. The Youth Rally will also include fun activities, door prizes, free food and a performance from special musical guests that will be announced closer to the event. Other event sponsors of the Youth Rally include the St. Charles Sheriff’s Office, United Way of St. Charles, Alpha Daughters of Zion, Blessed to be a Blessing and St. Charles Parish Public Schools. For more information on this event, please contact the Department of Community Services at (985) 764-7944. Read more
- Registration is now open for adult softball leagues from June 30 until July 20. Each league is $450 per team and must be paid during registration. Space is limited. Read more
- Registration for Instructional Basketball Camp, aimed at individual skill development, is also now open until July 14. The camp will be at the Edward A. Dufresne Community Center in Luling. The camp will be offered from July 18- 27 at 5 p.m. for girls and boys ages 7-9 at 6 p.m. for ages 10-12. Registration is $100 and is available at stcharlesparish-la.gov/recreation. Read more
- Congratulations to our Finance Department for being awarded the Distinguished Budget for the 2017 Budget. This is the fifth time that they have received this award. At this time I’ll ask that our Chief Financial Officer Grant Dussom come up to receive the award and say a few words. Read more
- We have a guest in the audience tonight who would like to address you all. I’ll turn it over to St. Martin Parish President Guy Cormier.