PARISH COUNCIL MEETING PREVIEW FOR MAY 15, 2017
The St. Charles Parish Council will hold a regular meeting beginning at 6 p.m. May 15, 2017 in the Council Chambers, located on the second floor of the courthouse, 15045 River Road in Hahnville. The meeting may also be viewed live on SCP-TV.
The entire agenda may be viewed here.
Items on the agenda for public hearing include but are not limited to:
- An ordinance to amend the Code of Ordinances to revise Chapter 15, Section 15-9, to provide an exception to the Twenty-five (25) Miles Per Hour Speed Limit, to lower the speed limit on Wenger Road in Des Allemands to fifteen (15) miles per hour.
- An ordinance to amend the Code of Ordinances to revise Chapter 15, Section 15-9, to provide an exception to the Twenty-five (25) Miles Per Hour Speed Limit, to lower the speed limit on Madewood Drive in Destrehan to fifteen (15) miles per hour.
- An ordinance to amend the St. Charles Parish Code of Ordinances, Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance of 1981, Section X. Exceptions and modifications, G. Exceptions and Modifications to all Provisions for Construction and/or Operation of Cellular and Personal Communication Service Installations within the Parish of St. Charles, State of Louisiana, 1. Permit Requirements/Zoning Districts. a. Special Permit Use.
- An ordinance of the Parish of St. Charles providing that the Code of Ordinances, Parish of St. Charles, be amended by revising Section 15-5, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, of said Code, to provide for the installation of “NO OVERNIGHT PARKING” signs on both sides of the 400 block of St. Charles Street in Norco.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the Execution of an Agreement with the St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services and the St. Charles Parish School Board for a Summer Food Service Program from June 5, 2017 through July 13, 2017.
- n ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of Change Order No. 2(Final) for Parish Project No. P090201-2 Canal #10 Drainage Improvements to balance the contract quantities with actual quantities resulting in an increase to the contract amount by $100,000.00 and no change in contract time.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of a Contract by and between the Parish of St. Charles and River Birch, LLC for Storm Debris Disposal, Parish Project No. P170201.
- An ordinance approving the Assignment from Apache Corporation to Texas Petroleum Investment Company (TPIC), and authorizing the Parish President to sign, execute and administer any and all relevant documents.
- An ordinance to approve and authorize the Lafourche Basin Levee District to expropriate the necessary real estate interest to a portion of land designated as Parcel 19-1 for the Sunset Drainage District Levee in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, and to authorize the transfer of the necessary funding thereof.
- An ordinance to authorize the Parish President to make full and final settlement in the matter entitled “Frank J. Brisset vs. St. Charles Parish”, et al, 29th Judicial District Court, Parish of St. Charles, No. 66,024-C.
- An ordinance approving and authorizing the Parish President to execute a Multi-Parish Emergency Mutual Aid and Assistance Agreement between the Parishes of Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Calcasieu, Cameron, Vermilion, St. Martin, Iberia, St. Mary, Ascension, St. James, LaFourche, Terrebonne, Assumption, Livingston, and Tangipahoa for Emergency Mutual Aid and Assistance.
In addition, the council will hear reports from the Tauzin Consultants. See meeting minutes at stcharles.legistar.com.