SIX THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS AT THE 26TH ANNUAL INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION
1. A Heartfelt Ceremony. Starting at 6 p.m., there will be a short patriotic ceremony to celebrate America's birthday featuring an opening prayer, flag lowering and raising by the Luling Boy Scouts, the Pledge of Allegiance and comments from our Parish President.
2. Food for a Cause. It's true that the best things in life are free, but all money spent at the celebration will be going to a local nonprofit. So make sure you show up on July 3 with a large appetite because nothing tastes better than donating! Here's the menu: popcorn, ice cream, nachos, sweets, pulled pork, watermelon, jambalaya, french fries, corn dogs, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and pickles.
3. Kid-friendly activities. Give your babysitter the night off. We'll keep your kids busy with mini golf donated by Logan’s Little Greens and patriotic characters twisting balloons for the masses.
4. The Bucktown All-Stars. These guys brought the R&B, soul and funk to last year's show and have come back for an encore. Fingers crossed that Uptown Funk makes the setlist again!
5. A Professional Fireworks Show. Well, you can’t celebrate Independence Day without fireworks! The spectacle starts at 9 p.m. SPOILER: Be ready for surprises!
6. A St. Charles Parish tradition. For you history buffs out there, the Independence Day Celebration began during the Gulf War in 1990 to promote patriotism. While we may not be in the Gulf War, I think we can all agree that now is a better time than any to celebrate our country and our independence.
If you're looking for all of the details, check out the official event press release here