SCPFEED: BEST PLACES IN THE PARISH TO PURCHASE LENTEN DINNERS
This link will remain updated with the latest information
It’s no secret that in south Louisiana Mardi Gras is a way of life, and Lent is a time for many things... BUT most importantly, it’s a time for SEAFOOD. Every Friday during the Lenten season many churches and non-profit organizations in our parish offer inexpensive seafood plates for lunch as well as dinner in observance of Lent.
Because in the PIO we like to keep our residents up-to-date with parish happenings, we are keeping a running SCP FEED during lent (a one-stop shop) that will give you the 411 on when and where to get your Friday seafood plate from local non-profits. See below:
- St. Anthony Catholic Church is offering a fish plate or gumbo and potato salad for $8, or a combo plate of gumbo and fish for $10. This is available at the Community Building located at 234 Angus Drive in Luling on: February 16, 23, March 2, 9, 16 and 23 at 5 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Knights of Columbus & St. Anthony youth programs.
- Knights of Columbus Norco is offering catfish, french fries, coleslaw, hush puppies and cake for $8.00 per plate and onion mums for $6.00 each. This is available from 4-7 p.m. at 375 Spruce Street in Norco every Friday during Lent.
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church is offering fried catfish with white beans, bread and salad or seafood gumbo with potato salad for $10. Drinks and deserts available for $1 each. This is available at St. John the Baptist Parish Hall at 4 p.m. on Feb. 23, March 9 and 23.
- St. Gertrude the Great Catholic Church in Des Allemands is offering shrimp stew, fried fish, potato salad and bread for $10. Drinks and deserts available at additional cost. The proceeds will benefit the church and are available for dine in or take out from 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. on March 2.
- St. Mark Church in Ama is offering fried fish plates, fried shrimp plates and shrimp stew plates for $9. They also have a special plate with all three for $12 and a child's plate for $5. Sides include coleslaw and fries or potato salad and bread. Drinks and deserts available at additional cost. The proceeds will benefit the church and are available for dine in or take out from 5 -7 p.m. every Friday and ending on March 23 . Early orders accepted at 4 p.m. at (504) 431-8507.
To be added to this list email firstname.lastname@example.org.