BOOKMARK THIS PAGE! www.scplevees.com
READ THE LATEST WEST BANK HURRICANE PROTECTION LEVEE UPDATE
Post Date:January 05, 2018 3:39 PM
- The Willowridge Levee Phase 1 earthen levee project is complete.
- Willowridge Pump Station: All the three pump’s impellers have been replaced and the pumps were retested. The effective date for Substantial Completion for this project is Aug 29, 2017. The Substantial Completion document has been executed and Filed at the SCP Courthouse. Contractor has two minor items remaining on the final punch list. The Ordinance for the Final Change Order for the project has been approved by SCP Council at the Nov 13, 2017 SCP Council Meeting.
- Willowridge Phase III: Substantial completion of the project was granted on May 8, 2017. Certificate of Final Acceptance has been fully executed with an effective date of
Aug 9, 2017. The project has been accepted and is completed.
- Ellington Levee – Phase I Project: As of this Council Meeting the project is 739 days into the 730 calendar day project. The anticipated completion date is in December 2017. The Contractor has initially completed clearing and grubbing operations, inspection trench along the project length, Truck Wash-down Racks at Magnolia Ridge and Valencia Dr. entrances, timber matting over the existing gas pipe lines at the shell road off of Magnolia Ridge Road and at other two gas pipeline crossing locations, Valencia culvert and Magnolia Ridge culvert with sluice gate. Contractor has installed the new drainage canal culvert crossing at Magnolia Ridge and Valencia Dr. Contractor is continuing to perform canal excavation, and placing embankment. In Area 5, the eastern portion of the project, the +7.5’ elevation levee embankment, access roadway, drainage canal and seeding, fertilizing and mulching operations have been completed. The Levee embankment for the Ellington Levee – Phase I Project is progressing at an accelerated level during this period of dry weather. Levee embankment to +7.5’ elevation, canal excavation, and roadway have been completed for the entire length of the project. The Contractor is continuing to work on miscellaneous roadway, and existing canal bank fill work. Contractor is expected to complete seeding, fertilizing and mulching by end of January, weather pending. Substantial completion walk though is tentatively scheduled for January 18th.
- The Ellington Levee – Phase 2: BKI has submitted final design plans and specifications of this project to the Parish and FP&C for the review. The Ellington SFM has been completed. The bid advertisement of the Ellington Levee - Phase 2 is contingent upon completion of the Ellington Levee Phase-I project. Pre-Bid meeting for this project occurred on December 19th, 2017 at Public Works Office. Bids are scheduled to be opened on January 9th, 2018 at 10:00 am in the St. Charles Parish Council Chambers, 2nd floor of the St. Charles Parish Court Hours.
- Ellington Pump Station: The 90% final design documents for the Ellington Pump Station have been submitted to the Parish for review. Received notification from DOTD Statewide Flood Control Program advices that this project will appear in the FY 2017/18 recommended construction program.
Magnolia Ridge Reach
- Magnolia Ridge Levee: Geotechnical Engineer has taken approx. 65 soil borings along the alignment of the existing levee to analyze for suitability to cap the existing levee and bring the low spots to elevation +7.5. The analysis is to verify if the existing levee meets the latest USACE levee criteria. Analysis is complete and the geotechnical report has been provided to BKI for incorporating into the final design of the Magnolia Ridge levee Project. BKI has provided final design plans to St. Charles Parish Public Works for the review.
- Magnolia Ridge Pump Station: HMGP funding has been awarded to the project, and the project has been approved in FEMA’s project tracking system. Currently awaiting on FEMA’s official approval letter. Advertisement for bidding of this project has begun on 9/14/17. The Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting for the Magnolia Ridge Pump Station Project occurred on October 3, 2017 at the Public Works Office. Bids were opened on October 30, 2017 and the apparent low bidder was Sealevel Construction Inc. BKI has sent a letter recommending acceptance of Sealevel bids and the Letter of Intent to Award the Contract was sent to Sealevel Construction on October 31, 2017. The Ordinance for the award of the construction contract to Sealevel Construction has been approved by SCP Council at the Nov 27, 2017 SCP Council Meeting. The Pre-construction meeting of this project occurred on December 5, 2017, and notice to procced for construction was given dated December 11, 2017. This project is a 500 calendar days project and expected completion date is April 25th, 2019.
- To date, the Parish has acquired 24 of 30 levee servitude parcels from 28 impacted landowners. Riverlands Survey Company confirmed that a mobile home trailer is located within the levee servitude on Parcel 27-4. GCR and Parish representatives are working with the Owner of Parcel 27-4 to relocate the trailer from the levee right of way and to address other encroachments within the levee right of way. The other five parcels have been recommended for expropriation. The attorney for LBLD intends to file two expropriations in mid-January and a third after St. Charles Parish executes a quitclaim deed to Chevron for adjudicated lands. The last two parcel files will be turned over to the LBLD attorney for expropriation after an LBLD Board vote scheduled for January 10, 2018.